Now is the time for your school to upgrade to Sonar Tracker
Making a change and upgrading something as integral to your school as your pupil progress platform, requires careful consideration. With that in mind, we’ve put together the following information to help you make the right decision for you and your school. We hope you find it beneficial.
First, a little background…
It’s incredible to think Target Tracker has been running for ten years using the current platform! Over that time, a considerable amount has been added and improved, but the system has reached its technical limits, preventing us from making the truly transformative changes we now offer in Sonar Tracker, that will make the most difference to you and your pupils.
Before developing Sonar Tracker, we reviewed each of the market-leading trackers in the Juniper family, (Target Tracker, OTrack, Pupil Asset and Classroom Monitor), with the ultimate goal of creating a single new assessment platform built from their successes, including all the best tried and tested functionality with some game-changing new unique features that will save you time and make it easier for you to ensure all your pupils reach their potential.
The result is Sonar Tracker.
Every feature, function and widget included has been carefully chosen and designed to help you spot opportunities to maximise the outcomes of all your pupils. We’ve updated everything, from how you record assessments, a refined Point-In-Time Assessment model (PITA), to the analysis and reporting tools.
Sonar Tracker also has new and unique features that you won’t find in any other web based tracker, such as the curriculum view and opportunities functions which show you how your pupils are tracking against their objectives and highlight opportunities where extra support would be most beneficial
The benefits of upgrading from Target Tracker:
- Accessible anywhere, on any device! - With the latest technologies, we’ve developed the features you rely on in Target Tracker further so you can access everything over the internet. No installing software any more, and every time we make an improvement or add a new feature, these will be available instantly.
- Quicker, more responsive and easier to use - Drawing on our existing trackers’ vast user experience knowledge, we have taken the assessment and reporting tools to the next level of design and function.
- More than just reports - You will find data reports are familiar but focussed, easier to use and include key performance data. They also include additional functionality to highlight opportunities proactively. No more manual number crunching!
- Flexible filters - Sonar Tracker uses a consistent filter and pupil group tool throughout the application so you can identify trends based on context group and prior attainment.
- Familiar but improved features
No more importing pupils
Simple Point In Time assessments
Powerful Formative Assessment
Powerful, easy to use, reports with actionable insights
What’s involved in the upgrade?
Moving from Target Tracker to Sonar Tracker is very straightforward and we support you every step of the way.
Once you have decided to upgrade, our onboarding team will contact you within 2-3 days to walk through the process and agree on the timeline for your school to move to Sonar Tracker.
What’s the set-up process?
Our onboarding team will:
- Set up an automatic sync with your MIS via Wonde (our third-party integration partner)
- Ask you to approve the connection with Wonde before the upgrade to Sonar Tracker begins
- Work with you to move your curriculum objectives over (by request)
- Send your log in details by email
- Share details of the Sonar Quick Start free online training module and support available online. Sonar Tracker is very intuitive and many schools find they don’t need any bespoke training but there are lots of options available should you require them.
Good to know:
Transferring your assessment data
We will transfer your last four years of Steps data for Primary, year groups 1-6. Early Years assessments will also be transferred for EYFS 20 Steps.
The Onboarding Team will then convert the data to our new Sonar Assessment model PITA codes. This is a move away from the linear setup in Target Tracker and in keeping with accepted modern best practices.
It is similar to the PITA view in Target Tracker and and is detailed on the Entering Summative Assessments page. Please take the time to review this assessment approach before arranging your upgrade. You can find out more at our upcoming Upgrade Webinar Sessions.
The conversion uses the Age Related codes in Target Tracker and applies them to the Sonar Assessment model as follows:
In other words, there will be no change in meaning between the two systems. For pupils working Significantly Above or Below it is advised to review the assessments once in Sonar to ensure their suitability however.
Please be aware that we won’t transfer any Statement assessments.
You will no longer need to import your pupil and class data from your MIS. Sonar Tracker will automatically update this data from your MIS, so you will never again need to run imports to know your pupils are up to date.
Built into Sonar Tracker is the complete Target Tracker National Curriculum objective set which will enable you to gather a full picture of attainment and progress as your pupils move through the curriculum content.
Please note - Sonar Tracker does not yet include an evidence function or parental reports.
How long does the set-up take?
Upgrades from Target Tracker to Sonar Tracker usually take around 10 days but the schedule will be tailored entirely to suit you.
Can I upgrade to Sonar Tracker at any time?
Yes. You can upgrade to Sonar Tracker at any point during your current Target Tracker subscription and there are no additional charges to pay. Once it’s time to renew your subscription, Sonar Tracker prices are comparable and terms are flexible.
Post upgrade access to Target Tracker
You will still be able to log in to Target Tracker should you need to for a short period of time after your upgrade. However, if you’d prefer to close your Target Tracker system sooner, we can arrange that for you.
All your regular reports will still be available, plus access to any other data you have recorded.
How do I find out more about Sonar Tracker?
Take a look at Sonar Tracker in our next webinar
Join a webinar for schools to get a detailed overview of Sonar Tracker and ask us any questions you might have.
You can also take a look at our website for Sonar Tracker videos, case studies and more!
How do I book my upgrade to Sonar Tracker?
If you are ready to upgrade to Sonar Tracker, please let us know via the form below and we will be in touch to make arrangements with you.
Not ready to upgrade yet?
No problem. If you have a few mins to let us know your reasons, we’d really appreciate the feedback.